[Chtc-users] HPC cluster offline Tuesday 8/19 & Wednesday 8/20

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 09:42:49 -0500
From: Neil Van Lysel <van-lyse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chtc-users] HPC cluster offline Tuesday 8/19 & Wednesday 8/20
(NOTE: This email is intended for HPC users only. HTC users please disregard)

Hi,

The HPC cluster will be shutdown on Tuesday 8/19 beginning at 7:00am and will remain shutdown until Wednesday 8/20 at 11:00pm in preparation for our upcoming cluster expansion! (Read more here: http://aci.wisc.edu/new-computational-resources/). While we expect this to be the only downtime needed for the addition of 3000 more cores, we will notify you in the event that more downtime will be needed.

During this time you will not be able to login to the cluster or submit jobs, and all running and pending jobs will be terminated. We will also be making some modifications to the Gluster filesystem. While we don’t expect any problems with the filesystem, we highly recommend that you back up all important files off-site. Also, please remove all files that are no longer needed as this will greatly decrease the downtime of the cluster. If you have any comments or concerns please let us know!

Neil Van Lysel
Systems Administrator
Center for High Throughput Computing
chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx