[AIRG] 10/2 Meeting Change: Introduction to Optimal Transport and Sinkhorn Iterations for Machine Learning

Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 17:38:32 +0000
From: Ronak Mehta <ronakrm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AIRG] 10/2 Meeting Change: Introduction to Optimal Transport and Sinkhorn Iterations for Machine Learning
AIRG,

Due to some unexpected circumstances Pheonix will not be able to present this week. However, we are lucky to have another presenter.

Introduction to Optimal Transport and Sinkhorn Iterations for Machine Learning
Aditya Kumar Akash
October 2nd, 4pm
CS 4331

This week, Aditya Kumar Akash will present on the basics of Optimal Transport and its applications to machine learning, most recently enabled by a Sinkhorn iteration method presented in the following paper:

Sinkhorn Distances: Lightspeed Computation of Optimal Transport
Marco Cuturi, NeurIPS 2013
More resources on optimal transport and its applications, including great slides and code, can be found here:

And as always, please send me a message if you would like to present!

See you on Wednesday!
Ronak