[AIRG] Kickoff Meeting October 2nd, Call for Presenters!

Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 18:02:55 +0000
From: Ronak Mehta <ronakrm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AIRG] Kickoff Meeting October 2nd, Call for Presenters!
Hey AIRG,

Our first meeting will be next week, October 2nd at 4pm in CS 4331. Phoenix Kim will give us an overview of the topology of high-dimensional data and manifold learning. You'll get a reminder early next week.

Topology of High-Dimensional Data and Manifold Learning (Nonlinear Dimensionality Reduction)
Phoenix Kim
October 2nd, 4pm
CS 4331

Additionally, in our survey many of you indicated an interest in having a chance to build your presentation skills. Please send me a message, and we can begin to coordinate our meetings for the rest of the semester. If you already have a topic, great! If you don't, that's fine as well, we can work together to find something that you feel comfortable with and that will be interesting to the group.

For now, we'll stick to an every other week schedule. If you have a date preference, let me know from those below:
10/16
10/30
11/13
11/27
12/11
AIRG is what you all would like it to be, so if there is enough interest in presenting, we can definitely move to a more frequent schedule.

-Ronak