Re: [AIRG] Correlation explanation, Nov. 28

Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 18:01:45 +0000
From: Aubrey Barnard <barnard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AIRG] Correlation explanation, Nov. 28
AIRG,

Welcome back! Today, Lucas will be telling us about learning the
structure of data by using mutual information to construct a hierarchy
of explanations. The hierarchical aspect goes beyond standard structure
learning, so this work brings a new perspective (to me, at least).

4pm, CS *3310*

https://arxiv.org/abs/1406.1222
https://papers.nips.cc/paper/5580-discovering-structure-in-high-dimensional-data-through-correlation-explanation

Aubrey