[theory students] missing books

Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 16:01:45 -0500
From: Shuchi Chawla <shuchi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [theory students] missing books
Dear all,

Hope you are enjoying the start of summer

I visited my office a few days back after a gap of more than a year. To my dismay, I noticed that some of my books were missing. Most notably, my boxed set of Knuth's TAOCP was missing. My assumption is that someone with access to our offices (janitorial staff?) in the last year stole it. I would assume this would fetch good money.

Anyway, I'm writing for two reasons:Â

One, to warn you of the same: you might find valuable items missing from your office.Â

Two, this prompted me to take stock of what else I might be missing from my bookshelf. I'm writing to ask if you might have borrowed any of the following books from me. (I don't need them back necessarily but I would just like to have a sense of what else might have been taken if I want to report this -- not sure yet.)
- Convex Optimization by Boyd & Vandenberghe
- Combinatorics by Cameron
- Probability & Computing by Mitzenmacher & Upfal
- Parameterized Complexity by Downey & Fellows
- Non-linear Pricing by Wilson

Thanks!
Shuchi