[theory students] Fwd: SODA 2021 FUNDS for STUDENT REGISTRATION FEES

Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 20:25:20 -0600
From: Shuchi Chawla <shuchi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [theory students] Fwd: SODA 2021 FUNDS for STUDENT REGISTRATION FEES
In case you haven't seen this yet...

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Shang-Hua Teng <shanghua@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 1:39 PM
Subject: SODA 2021 FUNDS for STUDENT REGISTRATION FEES
To: <THEORYNT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear TCS students:

By now, it is hard to overestimate the impact of the COVID19 pandemic to =
society. However, like every challenge, it has created some opportunities=
. For example, essentially all major conferences in TCS this year have be=
en transformed into virtual ones, making them more accessible to scholars=
/students across the world (of course at the expense of traditional inter=
actions).=20

ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA21) will be held virtually=
Âthis year, on Jan. 10 - 13, 2021. As you may know, this is the premier c=
onference on algorithms .

ÂSee https://www.siam.org/conferences/cm/conference/soda21

Thanks to our industry partners and ACM SIGACT group, SODA has some funds=
Âfor covering student registrations. I am writing to informing you this o=
pportunity and encourage you to apply:
See:
1. https://awards.siam.org/
2. https://www.siam.org/conferences/cm/lodging-and-support/travel-support=
/soda21-travel-support

That deadline is Dec. 27, 2020. Like before, having papers in SODA is not=
Âprerequisite.

Shang-Hua Teng
On Behalf of SODA Steering Committee