[madPL] Seminar Tomorrow: Shaan Nagy

Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 21:31:44 +0000
From: LAUREN MARIE NEUDORF <lneudorf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [madPL] Seminar Tomorrow: Shaan Nagy
Hello Everyone,

Hope your weekend is going well! Tomorrow's seminar will feature Shaan Nagy, who is presenting on "Invariant Synthesis." You can read his brief abstract below! As always it is in room 3310 or on zoom at 1:05pm.

Abstract:

"Most programming languages can express recursive or looping semantics. While these constructs are useful, their precise semantics can be hard to reason about because they are defined recursively. One approach to this problem is to provide âinvariantsâ approximate such constructsâ semantics. In this talk, we will first motivate the need for invariants to capture certain types of program behaviors. We will then discuss a few common invariant synthesis techniques, and finally we will summarize the main challenges faced when synthesizing invariants."

Best,

Lauren Neudorf
Program Manager, MadPL Research Group
University of Wisconsin-Madison