[madPL] 3/27 Seminar: Zi Wang

Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 18:50:45 +0000
From: LAUREN MARIE NEUDORF <lneudorf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [madPL] 3/27 Seminar: Zi Wang
Hello Everyone,

Next week's seminar on 3/27, will feature Zi Wang, who will be presenting on "Tropical Semiring for ReLU Network Analysis". Feel free to read more in the abstract below! As always it will be in room 3310 or on zoom, hope to see you there!

Abstract:

"In the last talk, I discussed how we can reason neural networks symbolically. This allows us to write neural-network verification problems as symbolic expressions. A natural generalization is to exploit the algebraic structures hidden in the symbolic expressions. In this talk, I will introduce an algebraic transformation, i.e., tropicalization, which can lead to a better mathematical understanding of neural networks. We might also be able to define new static analysis methods over neural networks from the tropical view."

Best,

Lauren Neudorf
Program Manager, MadPL Research Group
University of Wisconsin-Madison