[madPL] Next Week 2/27 Seminar: Amanda Xu

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 19:42:25 +0000
From: LAUREN MARIE NEUDORF <lneudorf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [madPL] Next Week 2/27 Seminar: Amanda Xu
Hello Everyone,

Next week's seminar will feature Amanda Xu, who will be presenting on "Synthesizing Quantum-Circuit Optimizers". Her abstract is below for further reading! As always, it will be at 1:05pm in room 3310, or on zoom. Hope you can attend.

Additionally, please feel free to follow our Linkedin page, for updates on members' current work and future published papers! If you wish to be featured, please email me: lneudorf@xxxxxxxx
Abstract:

"Near-term quantum computers are expected to work in an environment where each operation is noisy, with no error correction. Therefore, quantum-circuit optimizers are applied to minimize the number of noisy operations. Today, physicists are constantly experimenting with novel devices and architectures. For every new physical substrate and for every modification of a quantum computer, we need to modify or rewrite major pieces of the optimizer to run successful experiments. In this talk, we present QUESO, an efficient approach for automatically synthesizing a quantum-circuit optimizer for a given quantum device. For instance, in 1.2 minutes, QUESO can synthesize a verified optimizer for IBM computers that significantly outperforms leading compilers, such as IBM's Qiskit and TKET, on the majority (85%) of the circuits in a diverse benchmark suite."

Best,

Lauren Neudorf
Program Manager, MadPL Research Group
University of Wisconsin-Madison