[madPL] FW: Hiring at Bell Labs

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 17:56:25 +0000
From: "LORIS D'ANTONI" <ldantoni@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [madPL] FW: Hiring at Bell Labs

Bell labs is hiring

From: Namjoshi, Kedar (Nokia - US/Murray Hill) <kedar.namjoshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11:36 AM
To: SOMESH JHA <jha@xxxxxxxxxxx>, LORIS D'ANTONI <ldantoni@xxxxxxxx>, Aws Albarghouthi <aws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hiring at Bell Labs

Hi Somesh, Loris, Aws:

    Hope this finds you well! Our group at Bell Labs in NJ is now hiring for multiple open positions. Could I request you to please circulate the announcement below to the department and encourage students to apply? Many thanks!

Best,

--Kedar

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bell Labs is hiring: Software Systems Researcher

Good news! We have multiple available slots for software systems researchers and are looking for passionate researchers who love building things that have never been built before. You will be joining a team of scientists who are exploring exciting new ideas around scalable and robust software systems for cyber-physical systems, focusing on industrial and enterprise automation.

 You should have at least:

* A PhD, or equivalent research experience, in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar fields

* Hands-on experience in software development (e.g. Go, Python, C/C++, Rust)

* A strong publication record in top-tier conferences or journals

* An open mind and eagerness to contribute to novel solutions, with a clear focus on industrial impact

* Excellent communication skills and a team spirit

It would be nice if you also had:

* Experience in robotics, IoT, or other cyber-physical systems

* Experience in applied research in an industrial environment

* Expertise in one or more of: Software systems, Robotics, Applied ML, Software Engineering, Crypto networks

* Hands-on experience in cloud environments (e.g. K8S, AWS) and UNIX/Linux-based systems

* Experience translating novel research results to product

For more details – please see the attached flyer, or reach out to Itai Segall atitai.segall@nokia-bell-labs.com