[madPL] SemGuS Reading Group 7/01 (today)

Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 15:49:28 +0000
From: Wiley Corning <wcorning@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [madPL] SemGuS Reading Group 7/01 (today)

Hi everyone,

Today I'll be presenting the paper Synthesizing Imperative Programs for Introductory Programming Assignments (ISAS 2017) [link]. This paper presents a tool, SIMPL, for synthesizing imperative programs given a partial program and a set of input-output examples. SIMPL performs top-down enumerative search, incorporating a novel static analysis step to prune partial programs that cannot satisfy the constraints.

As usual, we'll be getting started at 1pm CET on Zoom [link].

"Homework question": one of the static analysis checks performed by SIMPL uses the abstract interval domain to test whether each example's output values are within a range of integers that could be produced by the program. Can you think of a way to extend this analysis to support constraints with universally quantified variables, e.g. max(x, x+1) = x+1?

Best,
Wiley Corning