[madPL] Fwd: Summer Internships at Bell Labs

Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 16:43:45 -0500
From: "Loris D'Antoni" <loris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [madPL] Fwd: Summer Internships at Bell Labs

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Namjoshi, Kedar (Nokia - US/Murray Hill) <kedar.namjoshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 4:04 PM
Subject: Summer Internships at Bell Labs
To: Somesh Jha <jha@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Loris D'Antoni <loris@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Somesh, Loris,

ÂÂÂÂ Hope this finds you well.

ÂÂÂÂ

ÂÂÂÂÂMultiple internship positions are available on a robotics orchestration project at Bell Labs. The project includes aspects of systems, AI/ML, PL, verification, and synthesis. Could you please distribute this call to the department and encourage students to apply?

ÂÂÂÂ Thanks very much!

Best,

--Kedar

Summer Internships at Bell Labs

==========================

We are offering exciting internship opportunities in our multi-robot systems research program. In this program, we are building a scalable and programmable multi-robot orchestration system. This system has already seen considerable use and numerous research challenges have been exposed in a variety of scenarios.

If you like challenges and want to join us in building the future of robotic systems, please contact Itai Segall at: itai.segall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Potential topics for internship projects include:

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Programming languages for multi-robot systems

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Synthesis and formal analysis of coordination programs

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Construction of runtime environments for control of robotic systems

*ÂÂÂÂ ÂTheoretical aspects of robotic systems, e.g. relevant optimization problems

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Applications of Machine Learning techniques to robotic systems, e.g., in

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ visual inertial odometry, localization, 2D/3D mapping and path planning

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Test design and execution for robotic systems

Specific areas of expertise include, but are not limited to:

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Robotic control and localization

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Software engineering

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Program Verification, Synthesis, and Testing

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Planning

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Distributed systems

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Machine Learning

The internship positions are open for candidates with expertise in one or more of the above topics, and who:

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Are pursuing a graduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Have a strong academic record

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Have excellent communication skills

*ÂÂÂÂÂ Are interested in cross-disciplinary collaboration

About Nokia and Bell Labs

Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Help change the way people connect with the world!

Bell Labs, the Nobel Prize-winning research organization, is internationally renowned as the birthplace of modern information theory, the transistor, the laser, the UNIX operating system and many other world-changing inventions. Bell Labs defines Nokiaâs technological and architectural vision, identifies key challenges, and works towards solutions that are an order of magnitude better than the state of the art. Within the APSS lab, we strive to conduct far-reaching and impactful research in the areas of systems and software.

-Loris