[pl-seminar] Fwd: Waymo internship: looking for candidates with programming languages background

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 03:12:49 +0000
From: Thomas Reps <reps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] Fwd: Waymo internship: looking for candidates with programming languages background
Fyi

From: Axel Simon <axelsimon@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 5:49:33 PM
To: Patrick COUSOT (NYC) <pcousot@xxxxxxxxxx>; Vijay D'Silva <vijaydsilva@xxxxxxxxxx>; srirams@xxxxxxxxxxxx <srirams@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; Thomas Dullien <thomas.dullien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Thomas Reps <reps@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi folks,

I’m trying to fill an intern position for summer 2020. We’re looking for somebody who can implement CPU profiling into our 32-bit ARM embedded software. Minimum requirements is that they know what a stack frame looks like, that they’ve seen some (32-bit ARM) assembler in their life and that they have a good command of C++:

https://waymo.com/joinus/1957520?gh_jid=1957520

The team I work in is called “Embedded Infrastructure”, which is why I have tons of applicants who can use a soldering iron and have rudimentary C skills, which made me think that you might have candidates who are more focussed on the programming language implementation aspect.

Note that, due to our size, we have trouble accepting interns who do not have a US work visas.

If you have anyone who wants to apply, please tell them to fill in my email address as “internal reference”, then they won’t slip my attention. The timeline is currently that we’ll do a first round of interviews before Xmas and a second round in mid-January, after which we’ll decide.

Please forward as you see fit.

Many thanks in advance,
Axel