[pl-seminar] Fwd: Seminar of potential interest to Multifacet (this coming monday @4pm)

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 14:18:04 +0000
From: Aws Albarghouthi <aws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] Fwd: Seminar of potential interest to Multifacet (this coming monday @4pm)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: EFTYCHIOS SIFAKIS <sifakis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 1:02 PM
To: multifacet@xxxxxxxxxxx <multifacet@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Matt Sinclair <msinclair@xxxxxxxx>, Aws Albarghouthi <aws@xxxxxxxxxxx>, LORIS D'ANTONI <ldantoni@xxxxxxxx>, Guri Sohi <sohi@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

I'm hosting a "Graphics" Seminar by Yuanming Hu (PhD student @ MIT) on Monday, on a topic that I suspect might be of interest.
Yuanming (and his co-authors, which were also the folks behind Halide) has been working on a Domain Specific Language for operations on Sparse, grid-embedded data.

Given the focus on performance optimizations for GPU and CPU targets, and the relation to "sparse convolutions" and other catchy topics in ML/DeepLearning these days, I strongly suspect this to be quite significant in its impact.

Please feel free to attend, or ask your students if they might be interested.

TITLE:
Taichi: A Language for High-Performance Numerical Simulation and Differentiable Programming on Sparse Data Structures