[pl-seminar] PL seminar this Friday at 3:30 in 3331: Compositional Recurrence Analysis

Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 21:55:50 +0000
From: Jason Breck <jbreck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] PL seminar this Friday at 3:30 in 3331: Compositional Recurrence Analysis
Hi,

  At the PL seminar this Friday 12/11, I'll present Farzan and Kincaid's FMCAD'15 paper on Compositional Recurrence Analysis.

  Note that I'll be talking at 3:30 (not 3:00) because of a scheduling conflict.  And, because of the time change, it'll be in room 3331, instead of the normal room.

  Compositional Recurrence Analysis is a method for automatically generating numerical invariants for imperative programs.  By solving recurrences of inequations (instead of just equations), it can compute acccurate approximations for loops that cannot be completely described by a system of recurrence equations.

  The paper can be found at:
    http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~zkincaid/pub/fmcad15.pdf

  Thanks!

 - Jason