[pl-seminar] Reading Group this week: Software Transplantation

Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 18:51:19 -0600
From: Peter Ohmann <ohmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] Reading Group this week: Software Transplantation
Hi all,

This Friday at 3:00, we'll be talking about a paper (out of U. London) on Software Transplantation. This is getting to be a more active topic recently, and this particular paper won an ACM SIGSOFT distinguished paper award at ISSTA 2015.

You can find the paper here:
The paper is a bit less technical/detailed than some others, but the topic is extremely interesting, and I think it deserves exposure. Hence, I'm putting it up for discussion :)

Thanks,
Peter

P.S. Please keep in mind: I am by no means an expert in Genetic Programming, and the core loop of this project uses GP to do its work. Thus, I probably won't be able to answer all of your questions (but I also don't think we need to do so in order to understand the approach).