[pl-seminar] Fwd: NRL Summer Internship Applications Invited

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:51:48 -0600
From: Thomas Reps <reps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] Fwd: NRL Summer Internship Applications Invited

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NRL Summer Internship Applications Invited
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:19:25 -0500
From: Elizabeth Leonard <elizabeth.leonard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Elizabeth Leonard <leonard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Myla Archer <archer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Connie Heitmeyer <heitmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleague,

NRL's Software Engineering research group, headed by Constance
Heitmeyer, is offering student internships for Summer 2013. Several
ongoing projects within the section, all in the general area of formal
methods for the software engineering of critical systems, have positions
available. US citizenship is required for these positions.

Students interested in interning at NRL must submit an application
online via the USAJOBS website during one of the quarterly three day
periods when the NRL Pathways vacancy announcement is posted to USAJOBS.
Currently, the summer internship vacancy announcement for NRL is
scheduled to appear on USAJOBS during the period 12-14 February 2013,
but it is possible that the exact dates of the period may change.
Therefore, in addition to the required application process via USAJOBS,
we also highly recommend that students contact us directly (at
myla.archer@xxxxxxxxxxxx or elizabeth.leonard@xxxxxxxxxxxx) so that we
are aware of their interest. Although this is not required, it will help
us to keep interested students informed of any changes in the process as
they occur and will help us identify promising candidates earlier in the
process.

If you know of any graduate or outstanding undergraduate students who
would be interested in interning at NRL this summer, we would appreciate
your recommending to them that they contact us and forwarding to them
the attached announcement, which describes the internship opportunities
in our research group and the application process.

Best regards,

Myla Archer and Elizabeth Leonard
Software Engineering Section
Center for High Assurance Computer Systems
U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
Washington, DC 20375