[pl-seminar] Reminder: seminar at 2:30

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:57:24 -0500
From: Steve Jackson <sjackso@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] Reminder: seminar at 2:30
Remember there is a PL seminar talk in half an hour.

2:30 pm, 4310 CS
Programming  Languages  Seminar: Richard Paige, Department of Computer Science,
  University of York, "Model Management and the Epsilon Platform"

  For building complex systems, we use a variety of different kinds of  models
  (e.g., programs, tests, transformations, architectural descriptions) written
  in different languages. We need  to  be  able  to  manage  these  models  in
  generic,  sophisticated,  and  automated  ways. The Epsilon model management
  platform (http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon) provides tools and domain-spe-
  cific  languages  for  model management. It comprises a number of integrated
  model management languages (such as transformation, merging, and  validation
  languages) that are based upon common and shared infrastructure. We describe
  Epsilon's current features via a number of examples, and discuss how Epsilon
  has  and  is  being  used in a number of large-scale projects, including for
  failure analysis, system integration, and system evolution.

  About the speaker:

  Richard Paige is Professor of Enterprise Systems in the Department  of  Com-
  puter  Science,  University  of York. He leads research in the department on
  Model-Driven Engineering, Model Management, and Agile Development for build-
  ing  large-scale  systems.  He received his PhD in Computer Science from the
  University of Toronto in 1997. He is program  chair  for  the  International
  Conference on Model Transformation 2009, and PC co-chair of ECMDA-FA 2009.