[$LIST] Summer at LLNL (fwd)

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:36:12 -0600 (CST)
From: Susan Horwitz <horwitz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [$LIST] Summer at LLNL (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:00:52 -0800
From: Mike Kumbera <kumbera1@xxxxxxxx>
To: horwitz@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Summer at LLNL

I'm looking for a good summer Intern to work for me at Lawrence Livermore
National Laboratory (LLNL)  this summer. In the past I have the pleasure
to work with some very bright students from UW and I would love to be able
to give an opportunity to another. The only requirements my department has
is the student must be a US citizen and possess a good GPA. (3.5 or above)

The main project this summer is to extend the gnu Fortran compiler to
accept "cray pointers".  (Cray Pointers are a C style pointer extension to
Fortran that was first implemented in the Cray compiler.) Last summer I
had an exceptional UW student that got 80% of the project done.
Unfortunately, she decided to get a job with her Masters rather than
continue on for a Phd. This year I want to find a student that can finish
the project and merge the changes back into the GNU source tree.

If the work is finished early in the summer I have several more compiler
projects to work on. (OpenMP extensions to gnu Fortran and gcc, adding
namespaces to libraries, ...)

Thanks,

Mike Kumbera