Reminder: seminar by Stefan Schwoon today (3/25)

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:01:37 -0600 (CST)
From: "Thomas Reps" <reps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Reminder: seminar by Stefan Schwoon today (3/25)
4:00 pm, 1240 CS
Programming  Languages  Seminar:  Stefan  Schwoon, University of
Stuttgart, "On
   Generalized Authorization Problems"
   We define a framework in which one can formalize a variety of
authorization
   and  policy  issues  that  arise  in  access  control  of  shared
computing
   resources. Instantiations of the framework address such issues  as
privacy,
   recency,  validity, and trust. We present an efficient algorithm for
solving
   authorization problems in the framework. The algorithm is based on
the  the-
   ory  of  pushdown systems and a generalization of the shortest-path
problem.
   The material presented in the talk is the result of joint work  with
Thomas
   Reps, Somesh Jha, and Stuart Stubblebine.