Additional CS EVENT on WEDNESDAY

Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:38:25 -0600 (CST)
From: David Melski <melski@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Additional CS EVENT on WEDNESDAY
2:00 pm, 107 Psychology
Programming Languages Seminar: Nils Klarland, AT&T Labs - Research, "Mona
  tutorial -- automata-based symbolic computation."

This talk provides a rather practical introduction to the use of
automata-based symbolic computation.  The emphasis is on applications
of the Mona tool, which is based on a forty years old result that ties
logic and finite-state machines together.  In particular, we mention
applications of string and tree automata calculations to program
analysis and to parsing.  We also explain the relationship of the
automata approach to Binary Decision Diagram techniques used in
hardware verification and model checking.