Re: [condor-users] Linux and Windows simultaneously

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to submit jobs from any platform Condor is running on. This means you can submit jobs from a Unix machine or a Windows machine. Naturally, Condor (at least the submit part of it) has to be installed on the machine.

Now to running jobs on different machines. The easiest way to run on Windows and Unix is to run Java jobs. In our pool we are also successfully running Fortran simulations compiled as Windows executables. On Windows machines the executables are started as they are, on Linux we have a wrapper script which runs the very same executables using WINE. Generally, Condor allows you to provide different executables or startup scripts for different platforms. This way you can submit jobs without worrying what platforms they will run on.

Regards,
Alexander Klyubin

João Ferreira wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to learn about Condor and I saw in it's webpage that
Windows and UNIX systems are supported.

I'd like to know if it's possible to have a set of "clients" running windows
and other set running linux simultaneously and submitting jobs to the same
server.

By the way, is there any graphic/web interface to job submission and
administration?

Sorry my broken english.

Thank you very much in advance,
João Ferreira