From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Nikita Balashov via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2024 8:08 AM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Nikita Balashov <balashov@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Understanding "How to have execute machines belong to multiple pools" configuration

Hi,

I'm seeking advice from experts regarding the configuration described here. It seems to be perfectly matching my use case:

We have three pools, two of which are owned by two different departments and one that is shared by everyone. The two departments don't mind sharing their resources when they are idle, but they also want to have absolute priority for their own users' jobs in their pools. So according to the proposed configuration, the "shared" pool could be made into a super-pool, with other pools' WNs reporting to their own CMs and the super pool. In this setup users would submit jobs to their own pools flocking them to the super-pool. Is the referenced configuration example still applicable in HTCondor 23 and aligns with my use case?

Thanks,
Nikita Balashov