Re: [HTCondor-users] ALLOW_ question and upgrade

Sorry, you cannot just use ALLOW = *.  The HTCondor security layer would not understand it.  What you have here

ALLOW_READ = *
ALLOW_DAEMON = $(CONDOR_HOST), submit*.wisc.edu, worker*.wisc.edu
ALLOW_NEGOTIATOR = $(CONDOR_HOST)
ALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR = $(CONDOR_HOST)

I probably the minimum number of allow statements that you can get away with for the central manager.

The AP (schedd),  will also need

ALLOW_WRITE = ??

where ?? is a pattern that matches what users are allowed to submit jobs.   If you trust your firewalls
then ALLOW_WRITE = * should be fine here.

Otherwise it should be a pattern that matches valid usernames like.

ALLOW_WRITE = *@$(UID_DOMAIN)

-tj