Re: [HTCondor-users] running executable that exists only in the container

Just put the full path to the executable (the path from inside the container) into your submit file, and tell HTCondor not to transfer the executable by adding this to your submit file

    transfer_executable = false

-----Original Message-----
From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Matthew T West via HTCondor-users
Sent: Sunday, October 1, 2023 1:13 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Matthew T West <m.t.west@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] running executable that exists only in the container

Evening all,

I am testing out a minicondor instance on a RHEL9 VM with Singularity
(3.11.5-1.el9) installed. For a simple test, I am trying to run `cowsay
moo` in a local copy of lolcow_latest.sif. How do I specify that the
executable I want to run is in the container itself, not the submit
directory?
https://docs.sylabs.io/guides/3.5/user-guide/quick_start.html#interact-with-images

The container in my non-privileged home directory works as advertised
and the static slots are registering `HasSingularity = true`.

Cheers,
Matt

--
Matthew T. West