Re: [HTCondor-users] How to disable security ?

Because of the way key exchange works in HTCondor, If you have ENCRYPTION or INTEGRITY enabled,
then any attempt to turn off AUTHENTICATION will be overridden by the need for encryption/integrity.

You should remove these lines from your config
    Use security : strong
    Use security : with_authentication

Or override them with a later statements.    These lines automatically include the above
    Use security : recommended_v9_0
    Use security : get_htcondor_idtokens
    Use security : user_based

Try running

   Condor_config_val -verbose -dump SEC_  ALLOW_

To see where your security config is being declared.

For totally insecure HTCondor,  remove all "use security : " lines and then add

ALLOW_READ = *
ALLOW_WRITE = *
ALLOW_DAEMON = *
ALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR = *
LEGACY_ALLOW_SEMANTICS = true

If you add this to your config

   ALL_DEBUG = $(ALL_DEBUG) D_CAT D_SECURITY:1

You can scan the log directory for D_SECURITY messages to see if any security remains...

-tj