Re: [HTCondor-users] Remove job without condor_rm

> On Mar 2, 2023, at 5:38 PM, Anderson, Stuart B. <sba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know how to remove a job from a schedd queue while condor_schedd is not running?
>
> I have tracked down a crondor job that is segfaulting condor_schedd at startup with a 64k deep stack trace of calls to CronTab::matchFields, so condor_rm is not an option. I have a pretty good guess of the offending jobid, but I am not sure if I should just just manually edit job_queue.log to remove any line where column 2 contains the suspect job id before restarting condor, or if there is additional state to manually update?

I decided to not try and manually remove an entire job without confirmation from an expert, but removing the following line from job_queue.log has allowed condor_schedd version 9.0.7 to run again on an EL8 system,

103 0115248510.-1 CronMinute "1/10"

Thanks.

--
Stuart Anderson