Re: [HTCondor-users] Using the Python bindings with a Docker Condor

Hi Gaetan,

I haven't tried it myself (yet) but I think it should be possible to use the Python bindings installed standalone (e.g. via pip or conda) from outside the Docker container to interact with HTCondor inside a Docker container supposing that:

1. the HTCondor daemons in the container are listening on the correct interface(s),Â
2. the HTCondor security configuration allows it, and
3. Docker is told to publish the HTCondor daemons port(s) (usually just 9618/tcp if using the shared port daemon, which is default).

(1) and (2) require changes to the 00-minicondor config file, which currently restricts the daemons to only listening to root@localhost.

There may be some other changes needed that I'mÂnot aware of without trying it, but definitely reply back to the list if you're having trouble with getting the config right.

Jason