From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Angel de Vicente <angel.vicente.garrido@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2023 1:09 PM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Being able to set the Gangliad DMAX value in the GangliaD metrics definitions

Hello,

<angel.vicente.garrido@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I've been configuring the integration HTCondor+Ganglia, and overall it
> works quite nicely, but I found an issue that should be easy to fix and
> would improve the quality of the graphs. The issue is due to the fact
> that the DMAX value injected to Ganglia by Gangliad is always 86400 (1
> full day). As an example, for a test pool, I have right now:

after thinking a bit about this issue, I realized that reducing the DMAX
value would be OK in some scenarios, but actually it is not what I
needed right now. Instead, I wanted to try and change the definition of
the metric to inject to Ganglia.

I was doing:

[
  Aggregate = "SUM";
  Name   = "CPUsInUse";
  Value  = Cpus;
  Desc   = "Number of CPUs in use";
  Requirements = State=="Claimed" && Activity!="Idle";
  TargetType = "Machine";
]

while I would need:

[
  Aggregate = "SUM";
  Name   = "CPUsInUse";
  Value  = 'State=="Claimed" && Activity!="Idle"?1:0';
  Desc   = "Number of CPUs in use";
  TargetType = "Machine";
]

The difference being that the first one will simply not inject any
metric to Ganglia when no CPUs are used by HTCondor, while the second
one will (at least in my head :-)) inject 0 in the same scenario.

But the problem is that no matter how I try to write the Value
_expression_, it doesn't seem to work and no metric value is injected to
Ganglia.

Any idea on how to debug this or what the Value _expression_ should really
be?

Ángel de Vicente                 -- (GPG: 0x64D9FDAE7CD5E939)
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)
 Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (https://www.iac.es/en)