Re: [HTCondor-users] Local storage on a condor computer node.

On 2023-01-12 3:31 PM, Amy Bush wrote:
Maybe there's something easy and obvious, but this is outside the realm
of anything we've ever set up in our environment, so any pointers would
be greatly appreciated!

It really depends on your jobs and the hardware. On dedicated worker nodes we'd normally use an SSD for system and swap and mount /var/lib/condor (or wherever that is) off the big spinning rust drive. And also all pre-installing software that the node would advertise (e.g. HAVE_MATLAB where matlab runtime's installed) -- usually as /opt and/or /usr/local.

If you're looking to share the same files to multiple condor nodes, we used gluster and it works reasonably well (had to un-split-brain it once or twice) under light loads. But for heavier i/o (BLAST) we ended up using local FS and making "data staging" nodes in the DAG. These are "admin" (so to speak) files though, for user files however we'd normally use condor's built-in transfer.

Dima