Re: [HTCondor-users] Superfluous condor_drain warning

> On Feb 20, 2023, at 10:49 AM, Todd L Miller via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> However, now that a single startd supports multiple partitionable slots in different cgroups, I have switched most EP to using a single startd. How about conditionally displaying the above warning only if there are actually more than one startd on the targeted EP?
>
> Not sure how we could know that.  There's no a-priori reason to believe all of the startds on a given a machine are reporting to the same collector.

For Linux you could use,
pgrep -c condor_startd

>> And for bonus points, add a statement about this default behavior to the manpage and add an option (e.g., -all) to drain all startd in one go?
>
> It wouldn't be hard to add a command to drain all the startds with the same Machine attribute in one collector, if that would be useful.

I no longer need that, but would have found it useful in the past when running multiple startd to prepare an EP for system maintenance, e.g., rebooting with a kernel security update.

Thanks.

--
Stuart Anderson
sba@xxxxxxxxxxx