Re: [HTCondor-users] Setup of flocking

If your primary pool was 9.12 or later, I would suggest that you use IDTOKEN authentication between the two pools.  But 8.6 does not support IDTOKEN.

I don’t think that trying to disable authentication is going to work for flocking.   This is something we never do, and so we don’t have any suggestions.

That leaves you with using either SSL or PASSWORD authentication between the two pools.    Of the two options PASSWORD is easier to set up.  You just need to set a common pool password between the SCHEDD and the remote central manager using

    condor_store_cred -c

And make sure that PASSWORD authentication is in the list of authentication methods (it is by default).

There are basic instructions for enabling PASSWORD authentication here https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToEnablePoolPassword

The various SEC_* configuration variables should already have the right defaults so you probably don’t need to modify your configuration unless you have set the SEC_* variables already.

Note that the default value for SEC_PASSWORD_FILE is different between 8.6 and 9.12, but since these will be files on different machines, that does not matter,   The contents of these two files will need to be the same though,  and the file content should not contain any NUL characters, since 8.6 does not handle them correctly.

-tj