Re: [HTCondor-users] Hibernate and Cron interference

That's my intuition, but I don't understand where this rogue Ad comes from, and why it works for others :).

Given what you've said, I would assume that the "rogue" ad is caused by your continuous cron producing output (and thus forcing an update) between when the startd sends the hibernation ad and when the subsequent system shut down actually occurs. (The startd doesn't keep sending the hibernate information in subsequent ads, probably because it's nontrivial to determine if the hibernation actually happened.)

- ToddM