Re: [HTCondor-users] Local universe startd

That tells me how to turn it on. Is there another page that documents how to configure this special startd, as opposed to normal instances running on the same system via DAEMON_LIST = STARTD ? For example, is the idea that the STARTD_FOR_LOCAL_UNIVERSE instance is always SLOT1 or some other fixed name?

That's a very good question, and I have no idea what the answer is.

[Reads some code.]

	It looks like the startd is launched:

* with the arguments "-local-name" "LOCALSTARTD"
* with the following knobs set via the environment:
	- STARTD_LOG = $(LOG)/LocalStartLog
	- EXECUTE = $(LOCAL_UNIV_EXECUTE)
	- START = (ATTR_JOB_UNIVERSE = 11)
	  ... with '&& ($(START_LOCAL_UNIVERSE))' appended if set.
	- IS_LOCAL_STARTD = TRUE
	- CONDOR_HOST = <schedd>
	- COLLECTOR_HOST = <schedd>

But yeah, I couldn't find any documentation either.

-- ToddM