Re: [HTCondor-users] Local universe startd

> On Nov 10, 2022, at 1:32 PM, Todd L Miller via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I would like to test using a Startd to manage submit machine resources used by Local Universe jobs. However, I am struggling to find the documentation to enable and configure that. In particular, the following appears to be dated and incorrect,
>> https://htcondor.org/wiki-archive/pages/StartdForLocalUniverse/
>> and the other google hits for "StartdForLocalUniverse" are for Astronomy.
>
> 	Remember, if it's a condor problem and you can't find anything when searching with BumpyCaps, try searching WITH_UNDERSCORES:
>
> https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin-manual/configuration-macros.html#SCHEDD_USES_STARTD_FOR_LOCAL_UNIVERSE

That tells me how to turn it on. Is there another page that documents how to configure this special startd, as opposed to normal instances running on the same system via DAEMON_LIST = STARTD ? For example, is the idea that the STARTD_FOR_LOCAL_UNIVERSE instance is always SLOT1 or some other fixed name?

P.S. I couldn't find an answer with Google or RTD searching for "STARTD_FOR_LOCAL_UNIVERSE".

Thanks.

--
Stuart Anderson
sba@xxxxxxxxxxx