Re: [HTCondor-users] question about condor_ssh_to_job behavior

Hi Greg,

thanks a lot for your feedback.

I checked in the configuration of the worker node, and the variable is already defined:

SINGULARITY_TARGET_DIR = /srv

Cheers,
Benoit

On 04/11/2022 21:30, Greg Thain via HTCondor-users wrote:
On 11/4/22 08:06, Benoit Roland wrote:
Dear all,

we are running the HTCondor EP daemons in an apptainer container and submitting jobs running themselves in a container.

I would like to ask you some questions about the behavior of condor_ssh_to_job.

1) At the beginning of the session, I got the following message.

Welcome to slot1@test-condor@c4p-login-dev!
Your condor job is running with pid(s) 67581.
Cannot chdir to /var/lib/condor/execute/dir_67539: No such file or directory
Singularity>

Is the message "Cannot chdir to /var/lib/condor/execute/dir_67539: No such file or directory" expected?

Hi Benoit:

This is a bug in HTCondor caused by the combination of singularity, setting SINGULARITY_TARGET_DIR and condor_ssh_to_job. Please verify that you do have SINGULARITY_TARGET_DIR set to something? I'll put a fix in the next stable series of HTCondor.

-greg