Re: [HTCondor-users] question about condor_ssh_to_job behavior

On 11/4/22 08:06, Benoit Roland wrote:
Dear all,

we are running the HTCondor EP daemons in an apptainer container and submitting jobs running themselves in a container.

I would like to ask you some questions about the behavior of condor_ssh_to_job.

1) At the beginning of the session, I got the following message.

Welcome to slot1@test-condor@c4p-login-dev!
Your condor job is running with pid(s) 67581.
Cannot chdir to /var/lib/condor/execute/dir_67539: No such file or directory
Singularity>

Is the message "Cannot chdir to /var/lib/condor/execute/dir_67539: No such file or directory" expected?

Hi Benoit:

This is a bug in HTCondor caused by the combination of singularity, setting SINGULARITY_TARGET_DIR and condor_ssh_to_job.  Please verify that you do have SINGULARITY_TARGET_DIR set to something?  I'll put a fix in the next stable series of HTCondor.

-greg