[HTCondor-users] Debug option to check for Surplus issues during AccountingGroup setup

Hello, HTCondor experts,

An anomaly was recently detected after upgrading HTCondor from 8.8 to 10.0, and we are analyzing the cause.

When we used 8.8, we used the Accounting group to allocate quotas and then share resources that are not being used with the surplus setting.

However, I am contacting you because the setting seems to be not working well after the recent upgrade to v10.0.

This error is a phenomenon in which the operation runs only up to the specified quota, even though there are sufficient resources to become a surplus.

I checked that the surplus is turned on in the group with Y when the Negotiator is running in negotiator.log, but I suspect that the surplus is not applied despite the option.

I'm contacting you first to inquire about the debug options for this, as it looks like the settings have changed or got twisted during the upgrade.

I would like to ask you how to enable debug options for Negotiator and Match daemon.

Also, if you have any information about the issue, please let me know.

Regards,

-- Geonmo