[HTCondor-users] all the best - rhymes on feature request :)

Hi, dear condor-team,

first of all - thanks for the great support over all the years and for making the splendid european condor workshop happen this year !

A little bird told me it is cold outside where you are and it is even getting more nasty up to that you are not supposed to go outside - more time in the condor git repo I suppose ;)

We are shutting down ressources a little bit this year - first time we do so in order to save electricity but also the overall power-consumption-awareness seems to stay with us for a while so it is probably good to get into the habbit.

We were quite busy to manage stuff around our pools in the last few weeks and realized on the way that something like a startd-cron on job level would make life a lot easier.

We would imagine a kind of sidecar job similar to the startd cron, anything that goes to <stdout> ends up in the job-classadd ?

@Greg we also avoided to put anything new in the job-wrapper, the chgrp feature seems to be the main thing we do there and it is giving us different kinds of trouble with interactive jobs - maybe we could keep an eye on a chgrp feature inside condor ?

All the best, take care and Hava Nagila

(oh I thought that would be christmassy but a quick google-reassure-search revealed it seems to be not as much related to christmas as I thought, anyway have a good time and above all stay safe )

Christoph

--
Christoph Beyer
DESY Hamburg