[HTCondor-users] String composite argument

Dear all,

I am trying to run an executable that in my home directory I would run like this,

bash script.sh -d -r A B C D âdo this && do thatâ

I tried both the old and new syntax as shown at
https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/man-pages/condor_submit.html?highlight=escape#submit-description-file-commands
but probably I am doing some subtle mistake...

In my .sub file I am doing some parametrisation that works fine for all args, but the composite one.

A=bla
B=this_other_thing
[â]

I tried this (old syntax),

E='do this && do thatâ
[â]
arguments               = -d -r $(A) $(B) â $(E)

which from a dry run seems to work as I see

Args="-d -r content_A content_B â  âdo this && do thatâ â

but when submitting to the remote cluster my script debug prints show that argument E is equal to just

âdo

whereas from my home the same string of arguments when copy/pasted as it is above works as expected (i.e. E=âdo this && do thatâ).

I tried also this (new syntax)

E=""do this && do that""
[â]
arguments               =" -d -r $(A) $(B) â $(E)â

but this generates something like

bash script.sh -d -r A B C D \"do this && do that\â

which of course make my program crash after "