Re: [HTCondor-users] How to set MaxJobRetirementTime to as long as it takes?

On 6/1/2021 7:08 AM, David Cohen wrote:
Hi,
I manage the job time limit in the sched based on group membership using periodic hold.
I want this time limit to be respected also by condor_drain, meaning no job is killed for draining purposes, just for running over time.
Is there a way to set  MaxJobRetirementTime to "as long as it takes"?

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

An easy and effective solution, albeit perhaps not very elegant, is simply set MaxJobRetirementTime to something very large.  So in the a condor config file on your startd machines, you could have

    # Set MaxJobRetirementTime to 2 years, effectively meaning
    # that jobs will not be preempted due to user priorities or draining.
    # 2 years ~ 63 million seconds
    MaxJobRetirementTime = 63000000

Hope this helps
Todd