From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Stephen Jones
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 8:26 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Python bindings questions

Hi,

We use HTCondor-CE at our tier 2 grid site.

I think the BDII software that comes with HTCondor-CE interacts with
HTCondor-CE via "python bindings", perhaps?

Here's the issue. We have HTCondor CE and a condor batch system on the
same computer.

The BDII (which I think is part of the CE) gets its config from the
batch system, not the CE.

So to fix this, I have to put the config in the "wrong" place... (and
then I need to change a puppet module to support his kludge.)

I don't like that much. The python bindings _should_ read the config
from the right place. But perhaps they don't have a way to know?

Note that on sites (e.g. CERN) that put the BDII on a different
computer to the batch system, this, perhaps, doesn't occur? I don't know.

Anyway, it's something to watch out for.... can it be fixed? Or am I
doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Ste

--
Steve Jones                             sjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Grid System Administrator               office: 220