[HTCondor-users] Querying Startd classad from python bindings

Dear all,

A (hopefully) quick question: does anybody know if there is a way to directly query a Startd (or other) daemon to get its classads, like 'condor_status -direct' does?

Looking at the API, it seems to me that the only way is by querying the Collector (the only direct access to a Startd seems to be to get configuration or put to drain). I was hoping that one could query the Startd itself, not to bother the Collector.

The use case would be for processes running on the Startd nodes that want to know the status of their local HTCondor daemons.

Needless to say, I can achieve this by externally running 'condor_status -direct' from python (or by, well, querying the Collector), so it's not a big deal. But I was just wondering if I there was a more elegant/efficient way, using the API.

Thank you!

Cheers,

ÂÂ Antonio