Re: [HTCondor-users] prioritizing one group of machines over another

I do something similar in a small cluster with two groups of machines, in which I use the hostnames to determine rank. If the hostnames are easily divided based on a regular expression match, you can try something like this:

NEGOTIATOR_POST_JOB_RANK = -1 * (regexp("<regex_for_less_desirable_hosts>",Machine)?1:0)

in which you have to supply a regular expression that will match the hostname of the slower, less reliable machines.

(or match the faster machines instead and change '-1' to '1').

That line is in /etc/condor/condor_config.local on the machine running the negotiator daemon.

-Wayne Betts
STAR Computing Support at BNL

Physics Dept.
PO Box 5000