[HTCondor-users] Mixing version 7 and 8 of HTCondor

Hi all,
 quick question. . .
we currently have an all Linux pool, hence our matchmaker and main
submitter nodes run Linux and are using version 7.8.4 of HTCondor.

We have had a request from a research group for some Windows compute
nodes. If I just download the latest stable release (i.e. a version 8
series) will there be any issues matchmaking and submitting jobs (from
7.8.4)?

(I know users need to include opsys and arch -- we strongly encourage that
in any case; it's more under the hood system things I'm asking about. If
there are issues, can I download a version 7 Windows-based HTCondor
[from]?)

Regards
-Ian

--