Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_submit - Rank expression of jobs ignored

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 08:13:15PM +0100, Felix Wolfheimer wrote:
> I've investigated this effect in my pool and here's the explanation: I
> found out that condor assigns some arbitrary "NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK" to
> my machines which overwrites the "Rank" expression in the job's submit
> file. As I've defined NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK neither in my global
> condor_config file nor in my condor_config.local file it's unclear to me
> where this comes from.

Check the Release Notes for 8.2.0 - they mention this change (and the
ticket linked from there has the details).

  Definitely, there has been a change from condor
> 8.0.5 to condor 8.2.4 in this regard such that an erroneous (?) value for
> the NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK is created if it's not defined in the
> condor_config file. For my case the solution was simply to set
>
> NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK = 0
>
> in my condor_config.local file.

That's a reasonable solution. It's a matter of personal preference and local
setup whether the new default expression makes sense - it comes pretty close
to the one I have created several years ago, and maintained since then ;)

- S

--
Steffen Grunewald * Cluster Admin * steffen.grunewald(*)aei.mpg.de
MPI f. Gravitationsphysik (AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam