[HTCondor-users] Huge pile of jobs in "C" state

On my pool - which is working flawlessly otherwise - I can see
a huge (>10000) number of jobs in C state.
>From what I can observe, those jobs had a rather short runtime -
there are only 1000+ slots available, and the number is growing
by hundreds every few minutes.

Apparently, some part of the job aftermath takes an unexpectedly
long time - but which? The number of shadows is rather small, and
the fileserver is behaving nicely (as iostat and ethstatus show).
TCP updates are enabled.

I'm at 8.2.6. Where could I look next?

Thanks,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * Cluster Admin * steffen.grunewald(*)aei.mpg.de
MPI f. Gravitationsphysik (AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam