Re: [HTCondor-users] Upgrading from 7.5.5

Hi,

Another interesting issue: the  _CONDOR_SLOT startd variable used to store an integer value of the slot ID. Now it is a string with the "slot" prefix, so what
used to be simply "1" is now "slot1". I do use this variable directly in some config files to switch between different configurations for the processors and the slot prefix pretty much ruins my current config. Is there another environment variable that I could use as an ID? Or does it cause any issues if I strip the prefix from this variable in a wrapper script before the command expecting the interger format is called?

Cheers,
Szabolcs