Re: [HTCondor-users] Website and documentation

On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 08:33:53AM +0200, Carsten Aulbert wrote:
> I only want to elaborate on this: I think if the current manual evolved
> into something like a full scale reference manual, where one could
> quickly look up what knobs there are and what they do, possibly
> cross-linked many times. I think if all knobs were presented in
> alphabetical order plus a secondary index sorted by user/admin/daemon
> part would be awesome.

Compared to most software projects I think htcondor's manual is
comprehensive.  A few things are hard to find, so I've ended up keeping a
local wiki page with these.  Part of the problem is that the top-level TOC
is only two deep and some important information is nested deeper than that.

* Dynamic slots: it's under section 3.12.8.9
  http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.8/3_12Setting_Up.html#SECTION004128900000000000000

* dagman configuration variables
  http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v7.8/3_3Configuration.html#SECTION004325000000000000000

* The full set of options to condor_submit
  http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v7.8/condor_submit.html#SECTION0011464000000000000000

Here are some links to useful documentation:

* [Condor Manual](http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.8/)
* [Getting started: Condor wiki](https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=GettingStarted)
* [Getting started: multiple node condor pool](http://spinningmatt.wordpress.com/2011/06/12/getting-started-creating-a-multiple-node-condor-pool/)
* [Admin handout](http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/tutorials/fermi-2005/admin/admin_handout/) (old)