[Condor-users] Only Send Emails on Error

My goal is to configure Condor to only send me an email on error, rather than the default which is to send an email every time a job completes.

Given the following script:

  $ cat hello.sh
  #!/bin/bash

  echo "Hello World $1"
  exit 1

And the following submit file:

  $ cat hello.submit
  universe = vanilla
  executable = hello.sh
  log = hello.log
  output = hello.out
  error = hello.err
  queue

I receive an email when the job completes. So far, so good.

However, when I add "Notification = Error" to my submit file, I receive no email, even though the "hello.sh" script exits with a non-zero exit code.  Am I misunderstanding what "Notification=Error" does in a submit file?

I am running Condor 7.4.4 on Ubuntu 10.10.
  $ condor_master -version
  $CondorVersion: 7.4.4 Oct 13 2010 BuildID: 279383 $
  $CondorPlatform: X86_64-LINUX_DEBIAN50 $

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Ramnani
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and proprietary and otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, do not read, duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please immediately delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail or any attachments. The DRW Companies make no representations that this e-mail or any attachments are free of computer viruses or other defects.